background

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars


My husband is notorious for getting too busy to eat. He'll work for hours, realize he's getting shaky and hasn't eaten, so he'll grab a quick protein bar rather than a real meal. 

This drives me nuts of course as his worrisome wife. Not only do I firmly believe in a well balanced meal, I also believe in saving money. And those protein bars don't come cheap! 

So, after years of nagging him I decided to finally give in to this little quirk of his and make some homemade protein bars. I know it's still not a well balanced meal, but it's better than those chemical laden pieces of crap he buys! Right?!

What You Will Need:
1 3/4 Cup Honey
2 Cups Extra Chunky Peanut Butter
3 Cups Granola or Oats
1 1/4 Cup Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
Step One: Combine honey and peanut butter in a bowl. Be sure to think ahead and not use a metal mixing bowl like I did. If you do, scrape everything into a microwave safe bowl like I had to... Microwave for 90 Seconds.


Step Two: Add granola and protein Powder. Mix well... Mixture will be very thick and will hurt your arm to stir after awhile. Take a break to taste test it if you need to. Or 2. Or 3...


Step Three: Press into a 9x13 pan. Refrigerate to cool.


Step Four: Once cool, cut into bars and store in airtight tupperware.


3 comments: